KidsFest! offers all young people of Hong Kong the opportunity of seeing a professional theatre performance live on stage. We have a been working with teachers to provide a valuable and enjoyable experience for all.
Benefits of theatre visits for students:
Currently there are no school performances, please check again or feel free to contact us!
- Field trips to live theatre shows enhance literary knowledge and empathy among students.
- Researchers have found out that the impact on students of viewing high-quality theatre productions leads to enhanced knowledge of plot, and improved ability to read emotions of others.
- Theatre can help teach students to appreciate and respect another’s personality, experiences and talents, and create spaces for community dialogue to introduce our young citizens to many point of view.
- While watching theatre we can be transported into the hearts, minds, bodies and stories of others in a way that can transcend race, class, gender and age. In this way, deeper levels of communications and understanding can be reached.
- Theatre exposure is also an excellent way to increase vocabulary, improve communication and listening skills, assist in memory, self-discipline and concentration, and develop interpretation skills outside of the classroom. One of the best things is that with live performances these educational benefits are all developed in an interesting, entertaining and fun environment!